An amendment has been made to the new Job Support Scheme starting in November 2020:
- For businesses that are forced to temporarily close due to a local or national lockdown so employees unable to work at all (normal Job Support Scheme applies for businesses that can continue to trade)
- Employees will receive 67% of their normal wage
- HMRC will fund all of the 67%, employers will only need to be fund the Employers NIC & Pension Contributions
- Capped at up to £2,100.00 per month per employee
- Currently going to run from 1st November 2020 to 31st March 2021.
In addition to the above, businesses forced to close in areas with local lockdowns are also able to claim up to £3,000.00 per month payable every two weeks.
Small businesses with a rateable value of below £15,000 can claim £1,300.00 per month, while medium sized businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000 can claim £2,000.00 per month.